Where we are
Here is how to reach Hotel Confinale
Where we are
FOR THOSE TRAVELLING BY CAR:
From Milan: Tangenziale Nord, exiting at Cinisello Balsamo: freeway for Lecco as far as Colico: SS39 (Main Road) for Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio, Santa Caterina Valfurva.
From Brescia: Motorway A4 exiting Brescia Ovest towards Lago d’Iseo: SS42 Breno, Edolo: SS39 towards Aprica (1,176 mts), Tirano: SS 38 for Bormio, Santa Caterina Valfurva.
From Bergamo: : SS 342 as far as Cisano Bergamasco (about 17 km.), then SS639 for 10 km. as far as Lecco. Continue on the freeway to Colico, SS38 for Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio, Santa Caterina Valfurva.
From the North:
- From St. Moritz (Switzerland) take the Bernina Pass (2,323 mts.open all year round) and descend to Tirano, then SS38 for Bormio, Santa Caterina Valfurva
- From Landeck (Austria) or from Merano continue as far as Zernez and pass through the Munt La Schera Tunnel (Gallo Pass) in the Drossa district
The Munt La Schera Tunnel is a toll tunnel and is opened all year round, but with opening and closing times which vary depending on the day of the week and the seasons
Apt Livigno: tel. +39 0342.052.200
Ponte del Gallo State Police: tel. +39 0342.996.235;
Ponte del Gallo Finance Police Post: tel. +39 0342.997.271;
La Drossa Customs Point (CH): tel. +41 (0)126.96.36.1998.
Hotel Confinale is situated in the heart of the Central Alps, at a height of 1,738 metres, so in the winter season do not forget to have snow chains in the car or check that you have suitable tyres on your vehicle.
Alpine passes open only in summertime
- The Gavia Pass 2,640 mts. – from the province `of Brescia, Ponte di Legno district leading directly to the town of Santa Caterina Valfurva.
- The Stelvio Pass 2,750 mts. – From the province of Bolzano it leads to Bormio and is quicker than crossing the La Drossa Tunnel.
- The Santa Maria Pass (or Umbrail Pass) 2,502 mts. – From Val Monastero in Switzerland you reach Italian territory joining the road which descends the Stelvio Pass down towards Bormio.
- The Forcola Pass, 2,315 mts. – leads from Switzerland as far as Livigno.
During the winter season do not blindly follow directions given by your satellite navigator because it does not tell you if the above mentioned passes are closed from October to June
DISCOVER YOUR ROUTE ON : www.viamichelin.it
FOR THOSE TRAVELLING BY TRAIN:
The nearest train station is located in Tirano, Santa Caterina Valfurva can be reached on the local bus service, the time required to travel from Milan to Tirano is approximately 2 hours 30 minutes.
You can find the bus and train timetable on the www.trenitalia.it and www.busperego.com websites.
You may also book your return ticket by train and/or bus at the Forba Viaggi travel agency in Santa Caterina Valfurva.
FOR AIRLINE PASSENGERS:
The nearby airports are:
Bergamo Orio al Serio (approx. 180 km. from Santa Caterina)
Milano (MXP) Malpensa (approx. 240 km. from Santa Caterina)
Milano (LIN) Linate (approx. 200 km. from Santa Caterina)
Transfer service to/from all airports available at special rates, for further information visit:
For sportsmen and those looking for healthy relaxation.Scopri Santa Caterina
Approfittane subito e prenota la tua vacanza all'Hotel Confinale!
let's start ski season with a special offerScopri l'offerta completa
Alla partenza della cabinovia, di fronte alla mitica pista Deborah Compagnoni